TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT FOR BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC
Thank you for signing up for a subscription with BDM Solutions, LLC (“BDM Solutions, LLC”, “we” or “us”). By placing an order, clicking to accept this Agreement, or using or accessing any BDM Solutions, LLC Service or related services, you agree to all the terms and conditions of this Terms of Service Agreement (“Agreement”). If you are using an BDM Solutions, LLC Service or related services on behalf of a company or other entity, then “Customer” or “you” means that entity, and you are binding that entity to this Agreement. You represent and warrant that you have the legal power and authority to enter into this Agreement and that, if the Customer is an entity, this Agreement and each Order Form is entered into by an employee or agent with all necessary authority to bind that entity to this Agreement. Please note that we may modify this Agreement as further described in the amendments section below, so you should make sure to check this page from time to time. This Agreement includes any Order Forms and Service-Specific Terms (as defined below) as well as any policies or exhibits linked to or referenced herein.
This Agreement was last updated on March 14, 2016.
OVERVIEW OF THE BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC PLATFORM. BDM Solutions, LLC provides a suite of products that allows subscribers to test, personalize and analyze the experiences they deliver through their various IT related services. To accomplish this, Customer first request(s) installation(s) of its various services from BDM Solutions, LLC, then uses the service(s) to accomplish their individual or various tasks. Based on these selections, variations of Customer Properties are presented to the end user. The Service-Specific Terms and the applicable Documentation provide additional details about each BDM Solutions, LLC Service.
1. “Services with or without Add-On” means integrations, applications and other services with or without Services with or without Add-Ons that are used with the BDM Solutions, LLC Services.
2. “Affiliate” means any entity which is controlled by, in control of, or is under common control with a party to this Agreement, where “control” means either the power to direct the management or affairs of such entity or ownership of 50% or more of the voting securities of such entity.
3. “Aggregate/Anonymous Data” means: (i) data generated by aggregating Customer Data with other data so that results are non-personally identifiable with respect to Customer or its Visitors and (ii) anonymous leanings, logs and data regarding use of the BDM Solutions, LLC Services.
4. “Authorized Users” means Customer’s employees and contractors (such as media agencies or marketing consultants) who are acting for Customer’s benefit and on its behalf.
5. “Confidential Information” means code, inventions, know-how, product plans, inventions, technical and financial information exchanged under this Agreement, which is identified as confidential at the time of disclosure or should reasonably be considered confidential based on the circumstances surrounding the disclosure and the nature of the information disclosed.
6. “Content” means text, images, videos or other content for the Customer Property that Customer selects for use with the BDM Solutions, LLC Service. This Content becomes public on the Customer Properties, so Customer should only provide Content that it wishes others to see.
7. “Customer Apps” means the mobile applications expressly identified in the applicable Order Form.
8. “Customer Data” means: (i) Content; (ii) Submitted Data; (iii) Visitor Data; and (iv) any other Customer Data specified in the Service-Specific Terms.
9. “Customer Property or Properties” means the (i) Customer Sites; (ii) Customer Apps; or (iii) other types of platforms or properties (as may be supported by BDM Solutions, LLC) specified in the applicable Order Form.
10. “Customer Sites” means the web domains and sub domains expressly identified in the applicable Order Form.
11. “Documentation” means BDM Solutions, LLC’s end user technical documentation provided with the BDM Solutions, LLC Service.
13. “BDM Solutions, LLC Service” means the specific proprietary software-as-a-service product of BDM Solutions, LLC specified in Customer’s Order Form, including any related BDM Solutions, LLC Code and Documentation. “BDM Solutions, LLC Services” do not include any Third Party Product.
14. “BDM Solutions, LLC Technology” means the BDM Solutions, LLC Services, any and all related or underlying documentation, technology, code, know-how, logos and templates (including in any reports or output obtained from the BDM Solutions, LLC Service), anything delivered as part of support or other services, and any updates, modifications or derivative works of any of the foregoing, including as may incorporate any Feedback.
15. “Order Form” means any BDM Solutions, LLC ordering documentation or online sign-up or subscription flow that references this Agreement.
16. “Regulated Data” means: (i) any personally identifiable information (other than information about Authorized Users necessary to create user accounts); (ii) any patient, medical or other protected or regulated health information (including HIPAA-regulated data); or (iii) any government IDs, financial information (including bank account or payment card numbers) or any other information subject to regulation or protection under specific laws or regulations (including data covered under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act or related rules or regulations).
17. “Scope of Use” means the usage limits or other scope of use descriptions for the BDM Solutions, LLC Service included in the applicable Order Form or Documentation. These include any numerical limits on Visitors or Authorized Users, descriptions of product feature levels and names or numerical limits for Customer Properties.
18. “Service-Specific Terms” means the additional or different terms and conditions (if any) specific to an BDM Solutions, LLC Service or other BDM Solutions, LLC products, features, services or subscription plans. Service-Specific Terms are currently available at https://www.bdmsolutions.net/service-specific-terms/.
19. “Submitted Data” means data uploaded, inputted or otherwise submitted by Customer to the BDM Solutions, LLC Service, including Third Party Content.
20. “Subscription Term” means the initial term for the subscription to the applicable BDM Solutions, LLC Service, as specified on Customer’s Order Form(s), and each subsequent renewal term (if any).
21. “Third Party Content” means content, data or other materials that Customer provides to the BDM Solutions, LLC Services from its third-party data providers, including through Services with or without Add-Ons used by Customer.
22. “Third Party Product” means any Services with or without Add-On, applications, integrations, software, code, online services, systems and other products not developed by BDM Solutions, LLC.
23. “Visitor” means any end user of a Customer Property.
24. “Visitor Data” means the data concerning the characteristics and activities of Visitors on the Customer Properties collected for Customer by the BDM Solutions, LLC Service, including any such data specified in the Service-Specific Terms.
Other terms are defined in other Sections of this Agreement or in the Service-Specific Terms.
3. USE RIGHTS.
1. Use of BDM Solutions, LLC Services. Subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement, BDM Solutions, LLC grants Customer a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub licensable right and license during the applicable Subscription Term to access and use the BDM Solutions, LLC Service designated on Customer’s Order Form solely for Customer’s internal business purposes, but only in accordance with this Agreement (including without limitation any applicable Service-Specific Terms), the Documentation, and all applicable Scope of Use descriptions. Where specified in the Service-Specific Terms, the BDM Solutions, LLC Service may require installation of BDM Solutions, LLC Code on Customer Properties. In such cases, subject to the same conditions above, the rights granted in this Section further include the right to install and use the relevant BDM Solutions, LLC Code on the specified Customer Properties and, in the case of Customer Apps, to distribute the installed BDM Solutions, LLC Code with Customer Apps.
2. Use by Others. Customer may permit its Authorized Users to use the BDM Solutions, LLC Service provided their use is for Customer’s benefit only and remains in compliance with this Agreement. Customer will be responsible and liable for all Authorized Users’ use and access and their compliance with the terms and conditions herein. Use by all Authorized Users in aggregate will count towards applicable Scope of Use restrictions.
3. General Restrictions. Customer must not (and must not allow any third party to): (i) rent, lease, copy, transfer, sublicense or provide access to the BDM Solutions, LLC Service to a third party (except Authorized Users as specifically authorized above); (ii) incorporate the BDM Solutions, LLC Service (or any portion thereof) into, or use it with or to provide, any site, product or service, other than on Customer Properties owned-and-operated by Customer and as specifically permitted above; (iii) use the BDM Solutions, LLC Service (or any portion thereof) for time sharing purposes or for a third party’s benefit; (iv) publicly disseminate information regarding the performance of the BDM Solutions, LLC Service (which is deemed BDM Solutions, LLC’s Confidential Information); (v) modify or create a derivative work of the BDM Solutions, LLC Service or any portion thereof; (vi) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, translate, or otherwise seek to obtain or derive the source code, underlying ideas, algorithms, file formats or non-public APIs to any BDM Solutions, LLC Service (including BDM Solutions, LLC Code), except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law and then only upon advance notice to BDM Solutions, LLC; (vii) break or circumvent any security measures or rate limits for BDM Solutions, LLC Services; (viii) distribute any portion of the BDM Solutions, LLC Service other than the BDM Solutions, LLC Code installed in Customer Apps as specifically permitted above; or (ix) remove or obscure any proprietary or other notices contained in the BDM Solutions, LLC Service including in any reports or output obtained from the BDM Solutions, LLC Service.
4. Beta Releases and Free Access Subscriptions. BDM Solutions, LLC may provide Customer with an BDM Solutions, LLC Service or BDM Solutions, LLC Code for free or on a trial basis (a “Free Access Subscription”) or with “alpha”, “beta” or other early-stage BDM Solutions, LLC Services, BDM Solutions, LLC Code, integrations or features (“Beta Releases”). This Section will apply to any Free Access Subscription or Beta Release (even if a Beta Release is provided for a fee or counts towards Customer’s Scope of Use allocations) and supersedes any contrary provision in this Agreement. BDM Solutions, LLC may use good faith efforts in its discretion to assist Customer with Free Access Subscriptions or Beta Releases. Nevertheless, and without limiting the other disclaimers and limitations in this Agreement, CUSTOMER AGREES THAT ANY FREE ACCESS SUBSCRIPTION OR BETA RELEASE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, SUPPORT, MAINTENANCE, STORAGE, SLA OR INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS OF ANY KIND. WITH RESPECT TO BETA RELEASES, CUSTOMER FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT BETA RELEASES MAY NOT BE COMPLETE OR FULLY FUNCTIONAL AND MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, OMISSIONS AND OTHER PROBLEMS FOR WHICH BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE. ACCORDINGLY, ANY USE OF A BETA RELEASE IS AT CUSTOMER’S SOLE RISK. BDM Solutions, LLC makes no promises that future versions of a Beta Release will be released or will be available under the same commercial or other terms. BDM Solutions, LLC may terminate Customer’s right to use any Free Access Subscription or Beta Release at any time for any reason or no reason in BDM Solutions, LLC’s sole discretion, without liability.
4. CUSTOMER DATA.
1. Rights in Customer Data. As between the parties, Customer retains all right, title and interest (including any intellectual property rights) in and to the Customer Data, all Customer Properties and all content contained therein (excluding any BDM Solutions, LLC Technology). Customer hereby grants BDM Solutions, LLC a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to collect, use, copy, store, transmit, modify and create derivative works of the Customer Data solely to the extent necessary to provide the BDM Solutions, LLC Service and related services to Customer and as otherwise provided below. For Content, this includes the right to publicly display and perform Content and the Customer Properties (including derivative works and modifications) as directed by Customer through the BDM Solutions, LLC Service.
2. Aggregate/Anonymous Data. Customer agrees that BDM Solutions, LLC will have the right to generate Aggregate/Anonymous Data. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the parties agree that Aggregate/Anonymous Data is BDM Solutions, LLC Technology, which BDM Solutions, LLC may use for any business purpose during or after the term of this Agreement (including without limitation to develop and improve BDM Solutions, LLC’s products and services and to create and distribute reports and other materials). BDM Solutions, LLC will not distribute Aggregate/Anonymous Data in a manner that personally identifies Customer or its Visitors.
3. Security. BDM Solutions, LLC agrees to maintain technical and organizational measures designed to secure its systems from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. These measures will include: (i) storing Customer Data on servers located in a physically secured location and (ii) using firewalls, access controls and similar security technology designed to protect Customer Data from unauthorized disclosure. BDM Solutions, LLC takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Customer Data other than its express security obligations in this Section.
4. Storage. BDM Solutions, LLC does not provide an archiving service. During the Subscription Term, Customer acknowledges that BDM Solutions, LLC may delete Content no longer in active use. BDM Solutions, LLC expressly disclaims all other obligations with respect to storage. Additional storage terms may be specified in the applicable Service-Specific Terms.
6. SERVICES. BDM Solutions, LLC makes available web-based support through its website (currently available at http://www.bdmsolutions.net/help). Additional support services may be available to Customer upon payment of applicable fees (if any), as specified in Customer’s Order Form. Any support services are subject to this Agreement and BDM Solutions, LLC’s applicable support policies. BDM Solutions, LLC may also provide on boarding, deployment and other services under this Agreement. The scope, pricing and other terms for these additional services will be set forth in an Order Form, Order Form exhibit or other document referencing this Agreement. Customer may use anything delivered as part of these additional services internally during its Subscription Term to support its authorized use of the BDM Solutions, LLC Service, subject to the restrictions in Section 4 (Use Rights) above applicable to the BDM Solutions, LLC Service itself. BDM Solutions, LLC’s ability to deliver services will depend on Customer’s reasonable and timely cooperation and the accuracy and completeness of any information from Customer needed to deliver the services. For avoidance of doubt, Customer retains ownership of any Confidential Information it provides to BDM Solutions, LLC.
7. FEES AND PAYMENT. Customer agrees to pay all fees in U.S. dollars within thirty (30) days of the invoice date, unless a different currency or payment period is specified in the applicable Order Form. BDM Solutions, LLC’s fees are exclusive of all taxes, and Customer must pay any applicable sales, use, VAT, GST, excise, withholding or similar taxes or levies, whether domestic or foreign, other than taxes based on the income of BDM Solutions, LLC. Customer will make tax payments to BDM Solutions, LLC to the extent amounts are included in BDM Solutions, LLC’s invoices. Some customers may have the option to pay by credit card. If Customer is paying by credit card, it authorizes BDM Solutions, LLC to charge fees and other amounts automatically to Customer’s credit card without invoice. Unless otherwise specified in an Order Form or Service-Specific Term, such charges typically occur monthly in advance, though overage fees (if any) may be charged in arrears. Payments are non-refundable and non-creditable and payment obligations non-cancellable. Late payments may be subject to a service charge equal to the lesser of 1.5% per month of the amount due or the maximum amount allowed by law. Notwithstanding, Where service transfers occur, if there is an outstanding balance and the balance is paid in part or in full, additional fees and taxes apply for the duration of the transfer time from the date and time of payment until the final transfer is finalized to another vendor.
8. TERM AND TERMINATION.
1. Term. This Agreement is effective until all Subscription Terms for the BDM Solutions, LLC Service(s) have expired or are terminated as expressly permitted herein.
2. Subscription Term and Renewals. By placing an Order Form for purchase of an BDM Solutions, LLC Service, Customer is agreeing to pay applicable fees for the entire Subscription Term. Customer cannot cancel or terminate a Subscription Term except as expressly permitted by Section 9.4 (Termination for Cause) or a Service-Specific Term. Each Subscription Term will automatically renew for additional successive twelve-month periods unless: (i) otherwise stated on the applicable Order Form or (ii) either party gives written notice of non-renewal at least thirty (30) days before the end of the then-current Subscription Term. If no subscription start date is specified on the applicable Order Form, the subscription starts when Customer first obtains access to the BDM Solutions, LLC Service. Pricing for any Subscription Term renewal, new Order Form or Order Form change will be at BDM Solutions, LLC’s then-applicable rates.
3. Suspension of Service. BDM Solutions, LLC may suspend Customer’s access to the BDM Solutions, LLC Service(s) if: (i) Customer’s account is overdue or (ii) Customer has exceeded its Scope of Use limits. BDM Solutions, LLC may also suspend Customer’s access to the BDM Solutions, LLC Service(s), remove Customer Data or disable Third Party Products if it determines that: (a) Customer has breached Sections 4 (Use Rights) or 6 (Customer Obligations) or (b) suspension is necessary to prevent harm or liability to other customers or third parties or to preserve the security, stability, availability or integrity of the BDM Solutions, LLC Service. BDM Solutions, LLC will have no liability for taking action as permitted above. For avoidance of doubt, Customer will remain responsible for payment of fees during any suspension period. However, unless this Agreement has been terminated, BDM Solutions, LLC will cooperate with Customer to restore access to the BDM Solutions, LLC Service once it verifies that Customer has resolved the condition requiring suspension.
4. Termination for Cause. Either party may terminate this Agreement, including any related Order Form, if the other party: (i) fails to cure any material breach of this Agreement (including a failure to pay fees) within thirty (30) days after written notice detailing the breach; (ii) ceases operation without a successor; or (iii) seeks protection under any bankruptcy, receivership, trust deed, creditors’ arrangement, composition or comparable proceeding, or if any such proceeding is instituted against that party (and not dismissed within sixty (60) days thereafter). BDM Solutions, LLC may also terminate this Agreement or any related Order Forms immediately if Customer breaches Sections 4 (Use Rights) or 6 (Customer Obligations) or for repeated violations of this Agreement.
5. Effect of Termination. Upon any expiration or termination of this Agreement or an Order Form: (i) Customer’s license rights shall terminate and it must immediately cease use of the applicable BDM Solutions, LLC Service(s) (including any related BDM Solutions, LLC Technology), cease distributing any BDM Solutions, LLC Code installed on its Customer Properties, and delete (or, at BDM Solutions, LLC’s request, return) any and all copies of the BDM Solutions, LLC Code, any BDM Solutions, LLC documentation, passwords or access codes and any other BDM Solutions, LLC Confidential Information in Customer’s possession, custody or control and (ii) Customer’s right to access any Customer Data in the applicable BDM Solutions, LLC Service will cease and BDM Solutions, LLC may delete any such data in its possession at any time. If BDM Solutions, LLC terminates this Agreement for cause as provided in Section 9.4 (Termination for Cause), any payments for the remaining portion of the Subscription Term will become due and must be paid immediately by Customer. Except where this Agreement specifies an exclusive remedy, all remedies under this Agreement, including termination or suspension, are cumulative and not exclusive of any other rights or remedies that may be available to a party.
6. Survival. The following Sections survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement: 2 (Definitions); 3 (Account Registration and Use); 4.3 (General Restrictions); 4.4 (Beta Releases and Free Access Subscriptions); 5.1 (Rights in Customer Data); 5.2 (Aggregate/Anonymous Data); 8 (Fees and Payment); 9 (Term and Termination); 10 (Confidential Information); 11 (BDM Solutions, LLC Technology); 12 (Indemnification); 13 (Disclaimers); 14 (Limitations of Liability); 15 (Third-Party Products and Integrations); and 16 (General).
9. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.
1. Obligation of Confidentiality. Each party (as the receiving party) must: (i) hold in confidence and not disclose the other party’s Confidential Information to third parties except as permitted by this Agreement; and (ii) use the other party’s Confidential Information only to fulfill its obligations and exercise its rights under this Agreement. Each party may share the other party’s Confidential Information with its employees, agents or contractors having a legitimate need to know (which, for BDM Solutions, LLC, includes the subcontractors referenced in Section 16.4), provided that such party remains responsible for any recipient’s compliance with the terms of this Section 10 and these recipients are bound to confidentiality obligations no less protective than this Section.
2. Exclusions. These confidentiality obligations do not apply to (and Confidential Information does not include) information that: (i) is or becomes public knowledge through no fault of the receiving party; (ii) was known by the receiving party prior to receipt of the Confidential Information; (iii) is rightfully obtained by the receiving party from a third party without breach of any confidentiality obligation; or (iv) is independently developed by the receiving party without using the disclosing party’s Confidential Information. A party may also disclose the other party’s Confidential Information to the extent required by law or court order, provided it gives advance notice (if permitted by law) and cooperates in any effort by the other party to obtain confidential treatment for the information.
3. Remedies. The parties acknowledge that disclosure of Confidential Information may cause substantial harm for which damages alone may be an insufficient remedy, and so upon breach of this Section each party is entitled to seek appropriate equitable relief in addition to any other remedies it may have at law.
10. BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC TECHNOLOGY.
1. Ownership and Updates. This is a subscription agreement for access to and use of the BDM Solutions, LLC Service. Customer acknowledges that it is obtaining only a limited right to use the BDM Solutions, LLC Service and that irrespective of any use of the words “purchase”, “sale” or similar terms, no ownership rights are transferred to Customer under this Agreement. Customer agrees that BDM Solutions, LLC (or its suppliers) retains all rights, title and interest (including all intellectual property rights) in and to all BDM Solutions, LLC Technology (which is deemed BDM Solutions, LLC’s Confidential Information) and reserves any licenses not specifically granted herein. Other than the BDM Solutions, LLC Code, the BDM Solutions, LLC Service is offered as an on-line, hosted product. Accordingly, Customer acknowledges and agrees that it has no right to obtain a copy of the software behind any BDM Solutions, LLC Service and that BDM Solutions, LLC at its option may make updates, bug fixes, modifications or improvements to the BDM Solutions, LLC Service from time-to-time.
2. Feedback. If Customer elects to provide any suggestions, comments, improvements, information, ideas or other feedback or related materials to BDM Solutions, LLC (collectively, “Feedback”), Customer hereby grants BDM Solutions, LLC a worldwide, perpetual, non-revocable, sub licensable, royalty-free right and license to use, copy, disclose, license, distribute and exploit any such Feedback in any manner without any obligation, payment or restriction based on intellectual property rights or otherwise. Nothing in this Agreement limits BDM Solutions, LLC’s right to independently use, develop, evaluate or market products, whether incorporating Feedback or otherwise.
11. INDEMNIFICATION. Customer will indemnify and hold BDM Solutions, LLC harmless from and against any third-party claims and related costs, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising from or pertaining to any Customer Data, Customer Property (including services or products provided through such property), or breach or alleged breach of Section 6 (Customer Obligations). Customer also agrees to defend BDM Solutions, LLC against these claims at BDM Solutions, LLC’s request, but BDM Solutions, LLC may participate in any claim through counsel of its own choosing and the parties will reasonably cooperate on any defense. Customer must not settle any claim without BDM Solutions, LLC’s prior written consent if the settlement does not fully release BDM Solutions, LLC from liability or would require BDM Solutions, LLC to admit fault, pay any amounts or take or refrain from taking any action.
12. DISCLAIMERS. ALL BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC TECHNOLOGY AND RELATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. NEITHER BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC NOR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE THAT BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC TECHNOLOGY WILL MEET CUSTOMER’S REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, THAT CUSTOMER DATA WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR PRESERVED WITHOUT LOSS, OR THAT BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC TECHNOLOGY WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT SECURITY MEASURES WILL BE ERROR-FREE AND WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL. BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY CUSTOMER PROPERTIES, THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT, OR NON-BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC SERVICES (INCLUDING FOR ANY DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS, TRANSMISSION ERRORS, SECURITY FAILURES, AND OTHER PROBLEMS CAUSED BY THESE ITEMS), FOR REGULATED DATA RECEIVED FROM CUSTOMER IN BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, FOR THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF CUSTOMER DATA AUTHORIZED BY THIS AGREEMENT, OR FOR DECISIONS OR ACTIONS TAKEN (OR NOT TAKEN) BY CUSTOMER BASED UPON BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC TECHNOLOGY OR BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC’S RELATED SERVICES (INCLUDING CHANGES TO CUSTOMER PROPERTIES). CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC IS NOT A BUSINESS ASSOCIATE OR SUBCONTRACTOR (AS THOSE TERMS ARE DEFINED IN THE HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT) AND THAT THE BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC SERVICE IS NOT HIPAA COMPLIANT. THE DISCLAIMERS IN THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN. CUSTOMER MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, ANY STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE SHORTEST PERIOD AND MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, LOST OR INACCURATE DATA, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, COSTS OF DELAY, REPUTATIONAL HARM, OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, COVER, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, HOWEVER CAUSED, EVEN IF INFORMED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC’S OR ITS SUPPLIERS’ TOTAL LIABILITY EXCEED IN AGGREGATE THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID OR PAYABLE BY CUSTOMER TO BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC FOR THE APPLICABLE BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC SERVICE OR RELATED SERVICES IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING THE CLAIM. FOR FREE ACCESS SUBSCRIPTIONS OR BETA RELEASES PROVIDED WITHOUT CHARGE, BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC’S TOTAL LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED IN AGGREGATE FIFTY U.S. DOLLARS ($50 US). NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, NONE OF THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 14 EXCLUDES EITHER PARTY’S LIABILITY FOR FRAUD OR FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY TO THE EXTENT CAUSED BY A PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE. IN ADDITION, THE LAWS IN SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW SOME OF THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY IN THIS SECTION. IF ANY OF THESE LAWS IS FOUND TO APPLY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THIS SECTION 14 SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY SUCH LAW. EACH PARTY ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THIS SECTION 14 IS A FUNDAMENTAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN AND A REASONABLE ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN THE PARTIES AND WILL SURVIVE AND APPLY TO ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, ANY BDM SOLUTIONS, LLC TECHNOLOGY OR ANY RELATED SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY IN THIS AGREEMENT IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
14. THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND INTEGRATIONS. If Customer uses Third Party Products in connection with the BDM Solutions, LLC Services, those products may make Third Party Content available to Customer and may access Customer’s instance of the BDM Solutions, LLC Service, including Customer Data. BDM Solutions, LLC does not warrant or support Third Party Products or Third Party Content (whether or not these items are designated by BDM Solutions, LLC as “powered”, “verified” or otherwise) and disclaims all responsibility and liability for these items and their access to the BDM Solutions, LLC Services, including their modification, deletion, disclosure or collection of Customer Data. BDM Solutions, LLC is not responsible in any way for Customer Data once it is transmitted, copied or removed from the BDM Solutions, LLC Services. Customer may use BDM Solutions, LLC’s Services with or without Add-On Platform to enable non-BDM Solutions, LLC Services with or without Add-Ons for use with the BDM Solutions, LLC Services. Those Services with or without Add-Ons are subject to the Services with or without Add-On Platform Terms of Service currently available at www.bdmsolutons.net/terms-Services with or without Add-On.
1. Assignment. This Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of each party’s permitted successors and assigns. Neither party may assign this Agreement without the advance written consent of the other party, except that BDM Solutions, LLC may assign this Agreement without consent to an affiliate or in connection with a merger, reorganization, acquisition or other transfer of all or substantially all of its assets or voting securities. Any attempt to transfer or assign this Agreement except as expressly authorized under this Section 16.1 will be null and void.
2. Notices. Any notice or communication under this Agreement must be in writing. Customer must send any notices under this Agreement (including breach notices) to BDM Solutions, LLC at the following address, billing@BDMSolutions.net, and include “Attn. Legal Department” in the subject line. BDM Solutions, LLC may send notices to the e-mail addresses on Customer’s account or, at BDM Solutions, LLC’s option, to Customer’s last-known postal address. BDM Solutions, LLC may also provide operational notices regarding the BDM Solutions, LLC Service or other business-related notices through conspicuous posting of such notice on BDM Solutions, LLC’s website or the BDM Solutions, LLC Service. Each party hereby consents to receipt of electronic notices. BDM Solutions, LLC is not responsible for any automatic filtering Customer or its network provider may apply to email notifications.
3. Publicity. Unless otherwise specified in the applicable Order Form, BDM Solutions, LLC may use Customer’s name, logo and marks (including marks on Customer Properties) to identify Customer as an BDM Solutions, LLC customer on BDM Solutions, LLC’s website and other marketing materials.
4. Subcontractors. BDM Solutions, LLC may use subcontractors and permit them to exercise the rights granted to BDM Solutions, LLC in order to provide the BDM Solutions, LLC Service and related services under this Agreement. These subcontractors may include, for example, BDM Solutions, LLC’s hosted service and CDN providers. However, subject to all terms and conditions herein, BDM Solutions, LLC will remain responsible for: (i) compliance of its subcontractors with the terms of this Agreement; and (ii) the overall performance of the BDM Solutions, LLC Services if and as required under this Agreement.
5. Subpoenas. Nothing in this Agreement prevents BDM Solutions, LLC from disclosing Customer Data to the extent required by law, subpoenas, or court orders, but BDM Solutions, LLC will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify Customer where permitted to do so.
6. Independent Contractors. The parties to this Agreement are independent contractors, and this Agreement does not create a partnership, joint venture, employment, franchise, or agency relationship. Neither party has the power to bind the other or incur obligations on the other party’s behalf without the other party’s prior written consent.
7. Force Majeure. Neither party will be liable for any delay or failure to perform its obligations under this Agreement (except payment obligations) if the delay or failure is due to causes beyond its reasonable control, such as a strike, blockade, war, act of terrorism, riot, natural disaster, failure or reduction of power or telecommunications or data networks or services, or government act.
8. Export. Customer is responsible for obtaining any required export or import authorizations for use of the BDM Solutions, LLC Services. Customer represents and warrants that it, its affiliates, and its Authorized Users are not on any U.S. government list of prohibited or restricted parties or located in (or a national of) a country subject to a U.S. government embargo or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country. Customer must not access or use the BDM Solutions, LLC Service in violation of any U.S. export embargo, prohibition or restriction.
9. Amendments; Waivers. BDM Solutions, LLC may update or modify this Agreement (including any Service-Specific Terms, referenced policies and other documents) from time to time. If BDM Solutions, LLC modifies the Agreement during Customer’s Subscription Term, the modified version will take effect upon Customer’s next Subscription Term renewal, except that: (i) changes to the policies referenced herein (such as the Acceptable Use Policy) will take effect thirty (30) days from the date of posting; (ii) if BDM Solutions, LLC launches new products or optional features that require opt-in acceptance of new terms, those terms will apply upon Customer’s acceptance; and (iii) any updated or modified Agreement will take effect immediately for Free Access Subscriptions or if Customer accepts new Order Forms or Order Form changes following the modification. Customer may be required to click through the updated Agreement to show acceptance; in any event, continued use of Free Access Subscriptions or any renewal of a Subscription Term following the update shall constitute acceptance of the updated Agreement. If Customer does not agree to the updated Agreement after it takes effect, Customer will no longer have the right to use the BDM Solutions, LLC Service. Except as otherwise described in this Section, any modification or amendment to this Agreement must be made in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of each party (each in its discretion). No waiver will be implied from conduct or failure to enforce or exercise rights under this Agreement. Waivers must be made in writing and executed by a duly authorized representative of the waiving party.
10. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement may otherwise remain in effect.
11. No Third Party Rights. Nothing in this Agreement confers on any third party the right to enforce any provision of this Agreement. Customer acknowledges that each Order Form only permits use by and for the legal entity or entities identified in the Order Form and not any affiliated entities.
12. Attorneys’ Fees and Costs. The substantially prevailing party in any action to enforce this Agreement will be entitled to recover its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs for the action.
13. Entire Agreement. This Agreement represents the parties’ complete and exclusive understanding relating to the Agreement’s subject matter. It supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals and representations with respect to the BDM Solutions, LLC Technology or any other subject matter covered by this Agreement. The terms of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the Sale of Goods do not apply to this Agreement. The Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (UCITA) shall not apply to this Agreement regardless of when or where adopted. Any terms provided by Customer (including as part of any purchase order or other business form used by Customer) are for administrative purposes only, and have no legal effect.
14. Governing Law; Jurisdiction and Venue. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California and the United States, without regard to choice or conflict of law rules thereof. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue for actions related to the subject matter of this Agreement shall be the state courts located in Santa Clara County, California or the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, and both parties submit to the personal jurisdiction of these courts.
15. U.S. Government Use. The BDM Solutions, LLC Services are based upon commercial computer software. If the user or licensee of an BDM Solutions, LLC Service is an agency, department or other entity of the United States Government, the use, duplication, reproduction, release, modification, disclosure or transfer of the BDM Solutions, LLC Service, or any related documentation of any kind, including technical data and manuals, is restricted by a license agreement or by this Agreement in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation 12.212 for civilian purposes and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement 227.7202 for military purposes. The BDM Solutions, LLC Services were developed fully at private expense. All other use is prohibited.